Thursday, March 13, 2008

Cooking Class

As some of you may know, one of the accounts I am assigned to at work is Dacor. Dacor makes high end cooking appliances (think $13,000 ranges). Anyway, the other night our team at work went over to the Conde Nast Building at Time Square to participate in a little cooking class at the Bon Appetit Magazine Test Kitchen. We do business with Bon Appetit magazine and Dacor also currently sponsors the appliances in the test kitchen. I took some pictures during the evening, but I simply got swept up eating all the delicious food and enjoying the learning experience that I didn't take too many.

Here is Erica, my supervisor, cutting
up the bread for the appetizers we were
learning how to make.


Leena mixing up the goat cheese.
Brian is in the background trying out
the appetizers (they were delicious).


Kimberly, my Brand Group Director (aka boss),
cutting up the butternut squash.


Erica was kind enough to capture a
picture of me adding the grapes to the
crostini. Michael and KHP are in the
background (you can also kind of see the
Dacor range and oven).


This is Chef Jonathan who taught the class.
He taught us how to make a crostini appetizer
and orecchiette carbonara with leeks.


After the cooking class, we sat down to a wonderful
dinner which including the carbonara we learned
to make (no, we weren't served the carbonara we made).
The food was fabulous. I can't even describe how good it was,
but I think I would have to say the carbonara was my
favorite dish (besides the appetizers).

When the evening was over, our friends at Bon Appetit
gave us a nice little gift bag which included the items
below: apron, 2008 cookbook, and April issue of
the magazine. Not pictured: bottle of red wine, which
I'm not quite sure what to do with. For now it is hanging
out with the bottle of white wine I got back in September.


All I have to say is sometimes work has it's
little perks...or big perks in this case. Oh,
and did I mention the people at Bon Appetit
were nice enough to provide car service home? Jackpot.

3 comments:

Carin said...

The food sounds so good! You have such a fun job and are always doing such fun things... I'm jealous. :)

Kari said...

Kim, what fun!! You'll have to tell me more about it and you have to teach me all the fun recipes!! Love ya

Camden said...

Kim, how lucky are you!! I would love to go to a cooking demonstration at Bon Appetit--and the menus sounds delicious. What do you do exactly? Work for? Remind me.