Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Jetting to the Rockies

So begins the documentation about my whirlwind month of travel back and forth across the country. I had a wonderful weekend every where I went and a great big THANK YOU to all that let me stay with them during my travels and picked me up from airports!

My first jetBlue destination was Salt Lake City. One of the reasons I was really excited when I heard about the jetblue pass was that now I could justify the trip to Salt Lake City to attend a dear New York's wedding. Plus, the weekend happened to coincide with another wedding (for a friend from BYU marrying a friend from my home ward in Gilbert), I would get to see Marc again (and unknowingly at the time suggest he ask out a girl that he is now dating), and get to see BYU campus again as I hadn't been back since graduating in April of 2006.

After a delayed flight (which a member of the my singles ward bishopric here was also on with his little daughter), I arrived in Provo at 2am! The next morning after getting to see Aunt Sharon and Uncle Stan for only 10 minutes, I got ready and headed up to Salt Lake for the Michelle and Mike's wedding.

As you can see it was a beautiful day, and it was a beautiful sealing!

There were other friends that made it out to Utah for the happy occasion. Julia, who is Michelle's best friend and now ex-roomate, was one of the bride's maids. She is holding Michelle's bouquet as we wait for the couple to come out of the temple.

Ellie (along with her boyfriend--not pictured) was also there.

Also not pictured--Randy and Emily.

Here comes the happy couple! They both looked amazing.

After the sealing the family and friends had photo time.
Michelle, I just have to say you looked gorgeous!

After picture taking, but before the reception some of us girls decided to go buy stuff to decorate the couple's car (well, really Mike's brother's car). After a visit to the grocery store, discovering that the brother did not want his car decorated, and then some convincing that two girls would not damage the car, Julia and I finally got the car decorated.

Mike and Michelle, if there wasn't a package of Oreos on your car, let it be know that there was.

Unfortunately, I failed to take pictures the rest of that weekend. As mentioned,
after the wedding reception I briefly attended another wedding reception, then gathered the little brother and my little cousin Cami and took them out for pizza at Brick Oven. Then on Sunday I attempted to sleep in and then went to church with Marc, had dinner with his roommates, and watched the CES fireside with Marc, his friend Tyler, Tyler's sister Julie, and Julie's roommate Eunmi (who Marc is now dating--again thanks to Tyler and myself).


Then it was back to NYC for a couple of days of work. Then Thursday after work it was back off to the Rockies, but this time to Denver to visit Phillip, Stephanie and the kids.


Again I failed at the picture taking as I didn't take any the first day there, but Phillip, the boys and I went swimming at the public rec center and had a wonderful time. Then later when Stephanie got home from work we went and picked up a playground set that Stephanie's mom had bought for the boys. Oh, and let it be known that Phillip really is an amazing cook and I ate very well while I was in town.

Saturday after a delicious breakfast of biscuits and gravy, we headed up to Boulder for the day. The weather was fantastic and the mountains were amazing. Our first stop in Boulder was a park that leads to hiking trails (I forget the name of the park).

Phillip, Braden, Parker and Aunt Kimmichanga

The Phillip Jones Family

At the park was a great playground for the kids to enjoy. These boys sure do love their slides, as you can see.


The playground also included a little house. Parker thought he could hide from the camera...

Got ya!

Braden and Phillip having a jolly ole time!

Stephanie was soaking in all the fun, too!


There were plenty Squirrely Gs around (that's what we call squirrels).


After the park, we headed to downtown Boulder and did a bit of walking, eating and window shopping (although a couple of small purchases were made, including a balloon helicopter toy for Parker). One of the street vendors was selling hats and we had Parker model some of them for us...the "There's seems to be something attached to my head" hat...

..."the hitting the links" hat...

..."Yolks on Me" chicken hat...

...and "Da Popa" hat!
After having some pizza, we found this fun play area for the kids. Parker sure loved climbing around on the big rocks.

Braden preferred to play with the littler rocks.
Then it was time to head back home. Sorry we didn't get to meet up Jenn!


Then Saturday after dinner we headed to a local Oktoberfest Festival (which it seemed like everywhere I went Oktoberfest festivals were occurring the weekend I was in town). I didn't take any pictures there, but I had to share this picture Stephanie took during the "Chicken Dance". Parker's face is priceless!


On Sunday, Phillip had a benefit concert he was performing at with Stephanie's brother-in-law at the Denver Children's Hospital, so we all went to support. The concert was outdoors so we were able to play around in the grass.

Thanks for this picture too Stephanie.

The boys playing around. In this picture of Parker is is applauding for his dad.

I love this picture of Parker holding Braden's hand. Precious.

Parker chose to pose with this statue himself.
Phillip tootin' on his saxophone.

After the concert we decided to check out downtown Denver as we walked around the 16th Street Mall.






Sunday night was pretty chill just watching a movie and hanging out.

Monday morning ended up being rainy and cold, and for a little bit it even snowed! Gross, I was not ready for that. Thankfully that was the only bad weather I really encountered during the whole month of traveling.


Hey Bozlee, how's highschool?
Running joke in the family. Think Billy Madison.


Then before headed off to a gig for Phillip followed by the airport, we were hanging out in Phillip and Stephanie's room watching TV when the boys started playing with this box. Pretty funny.



Thanks again guys for a wonderful weekend! Aunt Kimmichanga sures misses her boys!

Next posts--Seattle and Phoenix/Tucson.

1 comment:

Jones Family said...

Great pics!! It was our pleasure having you stay!! You are welcome back ANYTIME