Tuesday, May 15, 2007

By Request Only...

It was great talking to you today KimCast. I can't wait for our relocation to our new "flat". I can easily get used to saying that.

So by request, I am lousily posting prolific pastry profiles. There are currently 5 items on the dessert menu. (By the way, I have gotten mixed reviews on these ie. one comment card said "desserts good, entrees not so good" and another that said "need chocolate dessert. desserts unacceptable. flavors all over the place."...people, honestly) Where shall we start? How bout with my favorite. . .


Almond Cake-Lavender Tapioca-Rhubarb Sorbet-Almond Tuile-Basil Syrup




Mango, Lemongrass, Bloodorange Sorbet Terrine-Ricotta Fritter-Frangelico Chocolate Pudding-Isomalt/Cocoa Nib Tuile




Roasted Stone Fruit Pavlova-Fromage Blanc Cream-Honey Thyme Ice Cream




Chocolate Sticky Toffee Cake-Kumquat Marmalade-Vanilla Ice Cream-Chocolate Tuile
(ooohhh, there was a big "discussion" about this dessert...first I did NOT want Vanilla IC on my menu but I conceded but I added Rum in it...and quite a bit...but it was soooo goood...we got a complaint about Rum being in the IC so I had to take it out...and now it is just Vanilla IC laced with Creme Fraiche.....fuuey)




Meyer Lemon Creme Brulee-Wasabi Microgreens-Ginger Madeleines-Prickly Pear Sorbet-Beet Paper and Coulis



So there you go K.C...I hope you are satisfied. But as an added bonus, I am going to throw in extra pics for FREE. It's some pics from the Easter Dessert Buffet. Righteous.





I'm sure you can't see them from the photos, but I hand-dyed some killer eggs. On the last pic, towards the front center of the table, I painted the eggs to read "L-O-G H-A-V-E-N". You would be proud creative sista!

Now I expect an extra long comment from you about what you think about the desserts. Don't let me down.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Hey Crystal,

Excellent job on your first "real" post. All the desserts look amazing. Obviously the people making comments about your food don't know who you are...I mean, I would trust Chef Crystal with my life, let alone what would make the most scrumptrulestant (sp?) desserts. Oh, and I love the hand-dyed eggs. I could see them when I clicked on the picture and got the enlarged version of the photo. Again good job!

--KimCast out!!