You are probably wondering to yourself...it isn't Halloween yet? What's the deal with all the pumpkins. Well, this weekend, the ward had a Fall Social and as part of the festivities we had a pumpkin carving contest. Now if you really know me (and you know who you are if you do), you know that I LOVE to carve pumpkins. You might even say that I go a little crazy. I mean, remember last year's pumpkin??? Probably not (I didn't have a blog yet). Well, here is a picture for those who didn't see.

Anyway, I always plan a couple of ideas for pumpkins starting around the end of Septmember/beginning of October. I also try to do designs that are representative of my personality, etc. So for the party, I prepared one of my stencils in advanced, brought my handy dandy carving tools, and got to work with my Mary Poppins pumpkin.

Pumpkin and carver. (Sorry no pictures while I was working)

Kristian and his pumpkin. His first pumpkin carving in several years.
I was a little worried about his knife handling skills, especially
since I was working right next to him.

A close up of of my pumpkin.

Mary Poppins and all her glory.

Rich and Steven with their pumpkin.
Gotta love the soccer pose!

Collin and his colorful creation.

Randy and Mike A.'s sick pumpkin.

A traditional pumpkin.

This is the award that I won along with the top prize,
which was the ribbon and a gift card to Cold Stone Creamery. Yum!
So I have to say good job to everyone. People did an amazing job on their pumpkins, and mine came out pretty well considering we only had about 40-50 minutes to carve. So this is one pumpkin down, but one more to go. I mean, you gotta have the "official" Halloween pumpkin. I'm not going to share my stencil for my next pumpkin, but I'll give a little hint..."I'm watching you Wazowskii, always watching."
4 comments:
Very impressive pumpkin carving skills! If I mail you a pumpkin, do you think you could carve one for me this Halloween season?
Don, I would be happy to carve you a pumpkin. Just let me know what you want on it. Maybe a Dancing with the Stars pumpkin with your Aunt Marie on it doing the tango? ;)
Stellar accomplishment! And I love your Auntie Marie pumpkin idea... seriously... i do not doubt your could do it!!!
Does anyone know where Crystal's posts have disappeared to? If my eyes aren't deceiving me, I think her last post was back in August! **GASP!!!** Hm, she must have other things - uh, or people, um, or big plans on her mind. Crystal, time to kick it in gear and git on it sista! You have quite a few months to make up for! If anyone would like permission to kick Crys in the pants from her older sis, permission granted! : ) Hee hee! P.S. Hey Kimberly, your posts are gr8! P.P.S. Hey Crys, NO COMMENT on your non-existant recent posts. Heh heh. U know I love ya!
Post a Comment