Anywho, much has happened since the last time I posted (how long ago was it? prob a year ago or something crazy like that!) But now all my excuses are used up and I HAVE to post, so here it goes. A recap of the past year......
It all started with an engagement (which I posted pics of already). Next come the photos to announce to the elite (the best of the best) that we were getting married. Shall we start singing an all-too-well-known diditty that goes a little like this "GENE AND CRYSTAL SITTING IN A TREE. K-I-S-S-I-N-G. FIRST COMES LOVE....."


So look behind Gene's head on this next one. Remember in Dumb and Dumber when the two are fighting with the briefcase next to a picnic table? Then one of them throws it and it opens up to reveal all the money? Well, this is where it was filmed. Deep in the heart of Millcreek Canyon. Anywho, just an interesting sidenote.


Head table before the ciaos. Look at the light fixture hanging in the center of the brown frame....I hung some wire whisks on it to tie in the whisk and hammer theme.
For the cake cutter/server, we used a "kicked up a notch" cement trowel. I LOVED it!
Mr. McKay (my nephew) keeping an eye on the program table.
My sis Jen and her hubby Ross taking care of the drinks.
Gene and Bishop McGinn right before the ceremony. Does Gene look nervous to you?
The Girlies....Jada (my niece), Kamryn and Jordyn (Genes daughters).
Food table before it was destroyed.
Ceremony backdrop. The Curly Willows (which we chopped from my bros house) are decorated with hanging crystals (crystals you say? yes I said crystals) and renunculas.
Gene and his two b-e-a-utiful girls ("boys" as he calls them)
Right before I made my speedy enterance.
Sign in table. We made a picture book using shutterfly and used it yearbook-style as our sign in book. The round leather pouch that held the cards was made by my father. He used it for his history re-enacting so it was sort of my omage (sp?) to him in a way.
Guests digging into Pork Loin with Apricot Glaze, Roasted Potatoes, Grilled Asparagus, Salad, and Herbed Rolls. People still to this day talk about how good the food was.
Kamryn, Me, Gene, and Jordyn enjoying some grub. The blue screen reflected in the mirror played the video Gene made for the occasion.
First (and I bet the only) dance.
Cutting the cake. Look at that cake cutter working like a charm!!
Centerpiece (the flowers were put into a drink pitcher which had a brown ribbon and pink and clear crystals wrapped around it, which was then placed on top of a round mirror to reflect the tealights, which was then placed on a cake stand, which was then placed on a light pink table runner.)
My bouquet (calla lillies, renunculas, and roses)
My bouquet next to a program.
The favors (which were a measuring tape with the hammer and whisk logo on it, which Kimberly so kindly created with her magic for us) and sparklers!
Gene's mom Virginia, Gene and I taking some last photos. I must mention that my sis Wendy and my mom made my dress which I LOVED and I had a profesh seamstress make the lace jacket!
The send off....which consisted of us getting into Genes snow plow truck and sending a wave of snow toward the crowd as we drove away.
"THEN COMES....."
Kimberly, I hope you are sitting down for this.....
"THEN COMES A BABY IN A BABY CARRIAGE......"
Need I say more? Okay, I will say that I am now almost 20 weeks (almost 5 months for those that are too shocked to do any math) into this next phase in life. A little scary I must say but a whole lot to look forward to.
And now I sign off on a high note (as George Kastanza would do...hee hee)

4 comments:
CRYSTAL!!! It was a good thing I was sitting down. I did not expect that last part, but yet was also partly not too surprised (the little ditty helped). Congrats! Gene will get another "boy" then.
I'm glad to finally see the wedding pictures, which took you long enough. We do need to talk and catch up. So you know Crystal, I get to be a Maid of Honor in December for my other best friend's wedding (what's with my good friends getting married this year?). I still have nothing to show for all my years of living. Oh, but I do get to go to Cambodia with my parents to pick up my little brother, so I guess that can be by excitement for this year. :)
But like I said, we should catch up...oh, and I think your post blew my last several months worth of posts out of the water.
Hello! Annalisa showed me your blog. (Kim you are too dang cute!!) And Crystal! Congratulations on everything! I'm so happy for you. And your wedding was beautiful--dream wedding!
Congratulations Crystal!! Exciting news! And I agree with Kim, thanks for posting the wedding pictures - - - it all looks gorgeous.
Congratulations, Crystal!! :) That is fantastic news! I was suspicious as soon as you mentioned the song . . .
Post a Comment