Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Cambodia: Days Six, Seven, and Eight...the Finale

Finally, I'm going to wrap up the last couple of days
from the trip to Cambodia.

The first half of Wednesday was spent in Kampong Cham.
We spent the day visiting people in the area that Marc
had been able to teach when he had served there.

After spending way too long at a not very
comfortable hotel, we headed out for the day.
The senior couple in the area, Brother and
Sister Richards, took us around on our visits.

Below are a bunch of pictures from our visits:
Visiting a sister at the market
fish heads, fish heads...
After all our visits, we went to lunch with the Richards.
I think the coke cans in Cambodia were pretty cool.
Then is was time to head back to Phnom Pehn.
Here is our farewell photo with Brother and
Sister Richards (who I discovered know some of
my favorite people in NY--Erin and Leisel Enke
and Mindy Booth).
Across the street from the bus station.
One of the pit stops on the way back to the city.

Mom's pineapple she bought.
After a long bus ride, we checked back into the
Sunway Hotel and made a couple of more
visits before retiring to bed. The little boy
here sure was cute.
Funny story that needs to be told. For dinner that
night we ended up going to a nice Indian place. My dad
was a real trooper and put up with eating there even
though he doesn't like Indian food. Well, Marc and I
both really like this food and not even kidding, my dad
quotes the movie Smokey and the Bandit, "I'm gonna punch your
momma in the mouth! NO WAY... that you came from my loins."
My dad does not quote movies, but maybe I am his daughter!


Thursday was our last full day in Cambodia...and it
was jam packed with house visits, shopping at the
market, and eating some delicious freshly made
Chinese dumplings and later enjoying some Lucky Burger.
Here are some pictures from the day...
Lucky Burger! It was pretty tasty.
These kids were so cute.
Mom, Marc and I with our gongbay driver.
Friday morning was spent rushing around picking up
a suit (that never got finished), and some skirts that
mom and I had made. This is where Marc was
supposed to get his tailor made suit, but left with only pants.
Then is was off to the airport where we had Dairy Queen
for breakfast. Yes breakfast. We also treated the elders
who drove us to the airport with a yummy blizzard.
Note: this is the only Dairy Queen in the whole country.
Dad sitting around in the airport.
Then it was time for the long trip back (slightly
shorter than the trip there). From Phnom Pehn to
Taipei, Taipei to LA, and LA back to Phoenix.

These are a couple of pictures of Taiwan from
the airplane. Amber (aka Transber), these
are for you (she served her mission there).

Thanks Mom and Dad for letting me tag along...and hopefully
there will a memorable trip to Africa to add to my adventures
in the not so distant future. ;) Hopefully everyone has enjoyed
the pictures from my trip...and now I can finally try and catch
up on my other posts (if you can believe, I haven't even blogged
about Christmas yet).

3 comments:

Marc said...

Good show, good show! Couldn't have blogged it better myself!

Derek & Melanie said...

What a great experience. Looks like so much fun.

Bilaeva said...

That coke can is beautiful! And the pineapple was a work of art. This is why I love travelling, you just never know what you're going to see.